Monday, February 9, 2015

So Much Change

It has been brought to my attention - by numerous people - that I have not updated the world with what has been going on. :)

Things have been crazy and busy and awesome and terrifying and great all at the same time.

I wish I had more time, but a quick update will have to do.

In short - God has been SO good to me. He is providing for me in so many ways and I am feeling so strong and empowered and safe both in my relationship with Him and in life in general.

For about ten months after our separation, I felt like I was in a deep dark pit, and things just kept getting worse and worse. I even shared this feeling multiple times in my DivorceCare class. I just felt like there was no way out of this darkness and it would be so long before I started on my way 'up' again. I also often used the analogy of being out on the water, in the midst of a storm, and keeping my eyes on Jesus because without Him I would just sink. Just like when Peter went out and walked on the water.

I thought that eventually I would feel a gradual shift. When one day things would start to look up again. But that really didn't happen. Instead, it seemed like I woke up one day (not sure what day that was) and things were awesome. I just felt so different. God just kept putting things in my path and I LOVE seeing His handprint all over the place. I have such a clear promise from Him through these handprints that show that He has got me covered.

The divorce stuff is definitely not awesome. It's so stinking hard. There are so many elements to it. And I think one day I will be able to open up more about that.

But for now, I am so excited to see what else God has in store for me and my two biggest blessings.

Thanks for caring, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment